If you were registered and logged in, you could join this project.
This is the web page for the Opengadgets OpenSource Factory. This
project will define and apply a software development process for an
open source factory. The initial project to be implemented is a P2P
system specilized in general brazillian artistic content.
What is the goal of this project?
The goal of this project is to define a general purpose software
for open source factories and apply it in opensource projects. In fact,
this process will not serve for only this project but for anyone
wanting to build an opensource software development factory.
The very first opensource project is a peer-to-peer system for
brazillian artisctic legal content distribuition. This system goal is
to construct an open source system where all the brazillain artistic
content can be catalogued and distributed in a legal way.
What is the scope of this project?
- Define a software development process for open software factories;
- Construct opensource projects based on the defined process;
What are the high-level assumptions or ground rules for the project?
- We will use Java as language programming;
- No prior operating system is set. All systems will be running over
the net as a web site;
- All development will be using Eclipse IDE;
- All process definition will be based on CMMI practices;
Official OpenGadgets Homepage